Wednesday, May 13, 2015

My Hannah moment

Today I think I felt a hint of what Hannah felt at the temple.  If you don't know about Hannah, here is a recap...

Hannah was in a polygamous marriage (that is not what I relate too!).  The "other" wife was a nagger, bragger and seemed to always get what she wanted.  The most important thing that Hannah wanted, a baby, came very easily to the "other" wife.  And to top things off, the other wife would provoke Hannah to tears about not being able to have children.  

So Hannah went to the temple, where the priest Eli was, and prayed a vow and wept bitterly to the Lord for son, even making promises unto God.  But when Eli saw her praying, 

she was moving her lips and had great emotion on her face, but made no sound...

So as I drove in the car, crying out to God, like I do every time I get the silence of a vehicle all to myself, Hannah's name just came up in my Spirit.  I realized I was sitting there talking to God, pleading with him, waving my hand like a wild woman, and there was a man just staring at me with mouth agape.  He was watching my lips move and hand wave, but had no idea what I was saying. So while I froze and just stared back, I realized exactly what Hannah felt.  She wanted one thing.  One little person.  And while she was patiently waiting for that desire to come to fruition, she was being taunted by her "other" wife.  And while I am not taunted by others bragging to me, I feel forgotten when miracle after miracle is spoken of in church, on Facebook, by friends or other parents with children thriving after almost dying.  

But what I must remind myself as others see my lips moving and great emotion on my face, but can't hear a thing I am saying as I am driving around town by myself, is that God will answer my prayer. He will not forget us.  God will remember and he will deliver Emmy out of this mess.  He proves time and time again that his timing is always perfect and He does have a plan and it is ALWAYS good!

ALWAYS.

1 comment:

  1. Missy, your faith and strength are such a testimonial to those of us who whine about the little things we can change and more so the things we cannot change. You all have been through so much, yet y'all don't give up. Keep the faith. God is listening although he is responding on his own time schedule that we can't even begin to comprehend. Love and miss y'all.

    ReplyDelete